Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Archangel Road Ski

I wanted another chance to work on my skate skiing.  Today could have been better! Baby, the dog, wasn't too interested on heading out and kept stopping and turning back to the car.  So I put her in my backpack and worked my way towards the bridge.  The snow was much harder packed and faster than the last two days when I skied the same place.  It was challenging with the dog in my pack.  The icy conditions made it a little more difficult also.  I found myself taking advantage of the groomed classic ski tracks when I got tired of trying to keep my balance with my little weight on my back.  It started snowing as soon as I left the car.  I finally made it to the bridge.  At that point, Baby started to squirm, her way of telling me she was tired of riding and wanted to get out and run.  So I let her out and hooked her leash to my waist belt. Then we took off at high speed all the way back to the car.  It was quite a wild ride, especially with the fast snow. Baby ran non stop all the way to the car, well, maybe with a couple of potty stops along the way.  I don't think I got a very good workout on my way back, but it certainly was fun.  There was 2 inches of snow on my car when we got back.  I only saw one other skier on my way back.  We had the place to ourselves the whole way.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment