Saturday, July 14, 2018

Williwaw Lakes

I went on a beautiful hike with the Walkabouts hiking group today.  It was raining at home and the forecast was also for rain.  I really was prepared for the worst.  But instead, when we got to the Williwaw Lakes trail head, there was no rain, only some clouds.  It was a little chilly at times mainly due to fairly strong winds.  But it was lovely up there all day.  It's a gentle uphill climb for nearly 9 miles and my GPS showed 16.71 miles when we returned to the cars.  It really was just what I needed today.  I'm planning to run a 50K race in Arkansas next weekend, so it was a good workout in preparation for that. 


We saw huge bull moose resting in the grass along the way.


Here are three of us huddled behind a big rock trying to stay out of the wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment