Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ice Skating Workout

I did today's workout on the ice at Westchester Lagoon in Anchorage.  The first loop around the ice was very slow and wobbly because it was my first time on skates this winter.  But with each lap I got faster and more relaxed.  The ice was perfect but the wind was pretty obnoxious when facing it.  I got a free ride though when it was to my back.  I need to get out on the ice more often. 

The view of the Chugach Mountains was lovely from there.

Chugach Mountains from Westchester Lagoon
In a couple of days I'll be off to Chile to run the White Continent Marathon in Antarctica and the Punta Arenas Marathon in Chile.  Just two more continents for my goal of all 7.  Australia in April and Africa in August. But probably quite a few other places in between those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment