Sunday, September 28, 2014

Short Run Today

I had the best day of sleep in the entire month! I didn't wake up once and actually fell asleep right away.  But I slept a little later than I had hoped.
I did want to run around the lake if the weather was good, but just didn't have enough time or a 5 mile run.  Yesterday's beautiful sunshine was also long gone.  Although, it was totally calm and 36 degrees.  So I just drive down to the river access road and ran 3 miles there again.  It was pretty cold in spite of the lack of wind.  It's amazing how much a little sunshine can make you feel warmer. 

What a bleak landscape!
  I can't wait to see trees and plants and mountains again.  Only two more nights at work then I'm on my way home. But for sure I have no complaints.  I love my job and am so thankful that I can spend these months here in the Arctic.  Last night's Northern Lights were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment