Tuesday, September 16, 2014

3 Mile Run

My Nike+ iPhone app has been really acting up lately!  Yesterday I ran only 1 mile but then wasn't feeling well so stopped.  Instead of showing the 1 mile that I ran, it only said .6 mile. I wondered about that, but was able to edit the run.  Today I ran 3 miles and it appeared to be correct.  But when I stopped it showed that I had just run 0 miles!  That was offensive!!!!!  Again I was able to edit it and put the real time from the treadmill readout.  But today I still felt like I was dragging.  I am using new running shoes so that could be it.  But mostly I think I'm just tired.  This week I have lost a lot of sleep because they keep doing very loud work outside of my window here at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel, so I get little sleep.  Today was quiet so I did get a full 8 hours for a change.  I've been a little lazy this last week.  I'm going to try to get back into the swing of training for the rest of the month. 

I tried to run outdoors but when I drove a few miles down the road looking for a good running spot, the car started making a horrible racket.  So I quickly turned back and ran the treadmill instead.  The noise quickly stopped so I guess the car is ok.  I really don't want the car to break down 10 miles from Deadhorse and out of cell phone range.  I could end up with a longer run that I had originally planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment