Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby Steps

Well it really wasn't much of a workout, but I dragged myself downstairs to the exercise room and tried again to use the exercise bike.  I only rode for 2 miles because I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing damage to the broken ribs and collarbone.  But I found I was able to work my legs without causing undue pain to my chest and shoulder.  I'm planning to ride it each day now until I go home the end of the month.  I don't know if I will be able to run any time soon, but who knows, it may be possible for me to at least walk that Hatcher Pass Marathon on July 9th.  I think riding the bike is good for my lungs because it's easy to get lazy and not breathe deeply enough due to the pain of the broken ribs.  Exercise makes me breathe harder.  And that's a good thing.

I sure need more donations to help with my fight to cure cancer.  Please go to my FUNDRAISING PAGE, and pass it along to others even if you can't make a donation.

Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment