Saturday, May 28, 2011

Training On Hold

Well, looks like I may be out of commission for a little while.  I got stomped by a moose on Monday, May 23rd while working in my yard.  I have lots of broken ribs and a broken right collarbone plus serious soft tissue damage to my right shoulder and bruises all over everything else.  I have a hoof print on my forehead as a constant reminder.  Poor momma moose had to get killed when she charged again while troopers were helping me.  She missed me by inches and they shot her 10 feet from my body.  I'm quite sore, spent one night in the hospital and have been struggling all week just to move.  Heading up to Deadhorse on Tuesday May 31st and hope to at least be able to ride the stationary bike or something.  It's not looking real good for the Hatcher Pass Marathon but if I can, I will consider walking it.

Got a photo of the moose the night before the attack.  She has two calves that were rescued by the Moose Federation and I am trying to link up with them to offer help and financial assistance.
Here is momma, may she rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment