Monday, June 27, 2011

Around Colleen Lake

I walked at the fastest pace I could, the 5 miles around the lake.  My shoulder is still hurting pretty badly so I didn't do very much actual running today. But what a beautiful invigorating workout I had.  It's a beautiful sunny day with a 20 knot wind.  I thought I might find the wind to be too much, but it really felt kind of nice.  I saw a few geese and ducks and other birds.  Of course I also saw lots of trucks. 

I also drove down the Dalton Highway to Caren Pond, about 20 miles.  I only saw a couple of distant caribou.  Yesterday I saw the huge herd of thousands that were spread out over about 10 miles, but I guess they have moved on.  Here is a cute photo from yesterday.


Now to get to my fundraising.  I sold a digital photo yesterday and asked for a donation to my Team In Training site as payment.  But the buyer got confused and donated to the UNICEF fund instead.  Oh well, the UNICEF kids need lots of help. 

But I could sure use some donations to my race against cancer.  Please consider making a donation to my Team In Training site.

No comments:

Post a Comment