Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Blizzard Coming

Huge blizzard yesterday.  I was able to drive to work but in the morning, the car was totally stuck.  Looks like it could be there until July!  3 foot high drifts all around it.  I walked back to the hotel this morning and had to go through many similar drifts.  There was no driving anywhere this morning.  When I woke up I did a short 3 mile treadmill run.  I was keeping an eye on the winds because the forecast is for 50 miles an hour and more blizzard conditions starting at about 9 pm.  I go to work at 9:30 pm so knew I needed to be ready to scurry over quickly if things started to pick up.  But it stayed pretty calm so I walked over at 9 pm.  The winds are picking up to about 20 knots but not too bad yet.  But the night is young. I'm sure I won't be driving that car back in the morning.  It would be more workout than I want to try to dig it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment