Friday, December 3, 2010

Only 3

I had planned to do 6 miles today but things happen that get in the way.  Sadly today I lost a good friend.  So sad.  I worked my way through a ground blizzard, to the Prudhoe Bay General Store to find some sympathy cards for her family.  Life is so short, so fragile.  Makes me appreciate life and the many blessings that I have.  What a blessing, to have the strength and energy in my mid 60s to be able to run marathons.  I'm sure glad we have that treadmill here in the hotel though, because I don't think I am quite tough enough to run around outdoors up here right now.

Interesting cloud formation today at noon, taken from my window at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.  The sun sets on November 23rd and won't come back up again until January 17th.  But it does get a bit light at midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment