Saturday, November 28, 2009

15 Miles Today

I had a really fabulous run this morning on the indoor track at the Wasilla Sports Complex.  This will probably be my last day to run there until January because Monday I fly up to Prudhoe Bay to work for the month of December.  Then I will only have a treadmill to train on.  Prudhoe Bay is on the Arctic coast and the sun is not coming up at all this time of year, plus the temperatures are usually well below zero with a charming continual strong wind out of the North East.  There is no place even remotely safe for outdoor running.  Not just the dark, cold, wind, and ice, but big trucks are on the roads and would not see a runner.  Of course there is always the occasional polar bear to have you for dinner as well.  Although, I suppose one of them running after me would help me to pick up my pace!

I injured my toe on Thanksgiving when the chair I was sitting on suddenly collapsed into a pile of wooden legs that had been recently glued back in.  Apparently the glue was not the right kind!  That was a bad sign because I had not even eaten Thanksgiving dinner yet - and the chair I was sitting on fell apart.  But the sore toe didn't bother me while I was running so I guess I don't care that it is black and blue and my toenail will fall off.  It sure could have been a whole lot worse!

Want to help me fight cancer through my running?  Check out my Team In Training page.

No comments:

Post a Comment