Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Back!

It's been a tough week for my training.  After the Nike Marathon, I went to Argentina and Chile for an awesome two week trekking vacation in Patagonia.  Amazing place. But it was a very tough workout in itself with hikes of almost 20 miles and at least 5 to 10 on the short days.  Some days we hiked for 12 hours, on mountain trails with unbelievable howling winds and blowing snow.  But that really only added to the adventure. 
I'm back in Alaska now and had some sore foot problems most of the week so only ran about 10 miles all last week.  The temperatures have been well below zero so I got myself a treadmill so I could run indoors when the darkness and cold were just too much.  Today I ran 10 miles on the treadmill and I think I may finally be over my jet lag. 
Now I need to concentrate on training for
PF Chang's Marathon for Team In Training in January.
Here is a peek at the beauty of Patagonia, Mt. Fitzroy - WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment