Saturday, June 17, 2023

Anchorage Mayor's Marathon

 Marathon number 164 for me, completed today. It was a perfect day, with bright sunshine but not too hot, and just enough wind to keep me cool and mostly blow the mosquitoes away. I really like this race because I'm pretty slow, but the time limit is 7:30 and judging by the results, it appears they are somewhat flexible on that. I felt like I was really working hard, but I also could tell I was moving a little faster than times in the past. I managed to finally break 7 hours, with a result of 6:47:04. It's still a very long marathon time, but it was 21 minutes faster than my time on this race last year. I'm often so far at the back of the pack that I feel like I am running totally on my own. But today I always had a few other runners for company. I paced ones who were slightly faster than I was, which forced me to push a little harder. But it was still quite exhausting. The medal is beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment