Friday, October 22, 2021

Crevasse Moraine to Matanuska Lake Hike

 Such a lovely hike, with friend, Pam and our two dogs.  There was a little bit of snow on the trail but we didn't need our spikes. It was close to 40 degrees so nice and warm even though there wasn't a lot of sunshine. We parked my car at Matanuska Lake and started from Crevasse Moraine, following the Long Lake Connector and Long Lake Loop Trails.  It's been at least 20 years since I've taken this route, so it was nice to get to do the traverse once again. This is a wonderful gentle trail system of rolling small hills.  Baby hiked really well until the last mile. I think her feet were getting cold and she started trying to climb up my leg.  I loaded her up into my doggie backpack and carried he the last mile.  I think she appreciated it.



No comments:

Post a Comment