Monday, November 16, 2020

Twin Peaks Trail

 Today didn't look very promising at first. The valley was totally fogged in but I was hoping I could drive above the fog and hike the Eklutna Lakeside Trail.  Once I got there, I found that the lake and that trail were also totally fogged in.  But I could see that there were spots of blue sky peeking through the fog up higher.  So instead of the Lakeside trail, Baby and I climbed up the Twin Peaks Trail.  The conditions above the first bench were not too good, so we turned around at that point.  I was glad I had my spikes on my boots because they were definitely needed.  It was a lovely hike and the clouds down on the lake made for some spectacular views.  Baby did really well and didn't need to be carried at all.  We hiked up, but ran the entire way down. I think Twin Peaks Trail is probably my favorite of all the local trails. It's hard to beat that view from the overlook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment