Saturday, November 21, 2020

Matanuska Lake Trail

 Pam led this hike, with the Walkabouts hiking group. There were only 4 of us, and two dogs.  Baby was kind of intimidated by the fairly deep snow at first, so she rode in my backpack for the first mile.  But then she got kind of squirmy, so I decided to see if she would hike for a while, and give my back a rest.  Since the gate to the park was locked, there weren't any other hikers along the route. So I tried actually letting Baby off the leash for the first time, hoping it didn't turn out to be a gigantic mistake.  But she surprised me and did very well.  She preferred to be the lead dog and did run up ahead, but not too far.  She kept turning around to make sure we were still following her.  It was a really nice hike even though the weather was kind of dreary and cloudy.  It wasn't the best day for taking pictures. But it was mild temperatures and nice to hike with the other ladies. We maintained social distancing and wore our face masks just in case one of us was carrying the Covid-19 virus.  I'm getting comfortable hiking with a mask, although it was uncomfortable the first time I did it. In cold weather, it's almost nice because it keeps my face warm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment