Monday, October 5, 2020

Palmer Happy Run

It's been a few weeks since I've done a Palmer Happy Run, so I decided to go for it tonight. I took the dog and to my delight, she was willing to actually run the entire 5 miles.  I carried my doggy backpack just in case I would need to carry her, but I never needed too.  We did the Outer Springer Road route. By the time we got to the Palmer Ale House, though, it was really cold and windy.  I had Baby tucked into my jacket while we waited for them to announce the winners of the weekly raffle. As usual, I didn't win anything. With the pandemic still on, I'm hesitant to keep doing these runs. Not because of the actual runs, but because of the gathering at the restaurant at the end. Tonight they still met outdoors, but as the snow and darkness comes, I'm quite sure they will need to move indoors.  I may elect to head home rather than mix with so many people, if I continue to do the runs.  As it gets colder, it will likely be too much for the dog also. But it certainly was beautiful tonight with the gorgeous fall colors against the backdrop of snow-covered Pioneer Peak. 



No comments:

Post a Comment