Sunday, October 18, 2020

Matanuska Lake Trail

I had to go to the Ski Patrol orientation meeting yesterday so couldn't go on the Walkabouts hike with my friends.  My friend, Pam was also tied up yesterday. So we got together for our own hike today. It snowed several inches last night so we had to scratch our original plan of hiking Gold Mint up in Hatcher Pass.  I have my studded snow tires on, but she doesn't. That road can get pretty slippery after a new snow.  So we just met up at Matanuska Lake and did the route around Long Lake.  There was snow on the ground and it was snowing quite hard the entire time.  Baby doesn't seem to mind hiking on the snow, but when it is snowing hard, she has a change of heart.  We didn't go more than 1/4 mile before she was trying to climb up my leg and begging to be carried. So I popped her into my backpack and she got to ride the whole way.  She seemed to enjoy the ride.  It's such a nice trail even in a snowstorm.  

They say there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. I had my warm parka, waterproof jacket and good gloves, so stayed warm and dry.  Baby had on her warm coat and was wrapped up in her blanket keeping toasty warm inside my pack.  Winter has arrived.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment