Monday, February 17, 2020

Palmer Happy Run

I really had to do some serious talking to myself to get out there tonight.  It was brutally windy and 20 degrees.  I did the 5 mile run and left a little early, hoping to finally get to the finish before 7.  But I didn't leave early enough so as usual, it was after 7 when I finished.  But I really don't care.  It was tough running mostly on ice and drifted snow, in the dark, with a 30 knot wind. The section along the Airport Road was the worst and I even considered giving up.  It was blowing straight into my face and sometimes it was hard to move against it.  But the rest of the route wasn't too bad.  I was glad to get back to my car, but also very happy that I got out there to run. I've been much too lazy lately.

My picture didn't turn out too well in the dark and blowing snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment