Thursday, February 27, 2020

Archangel Valley Ski

A gorgeous day to ski at Archangel Valley.  I started out checking out the Palmer Rail Trail to see if it was good for skiing.  I found it was barely OK for walking or snowshoeing, but certainly not OK for skiing.  It was totally drifted with various snow conditions from deeply rutted by walkers, to hard pack steep drifts.  I gave up after about 1 mile then decided to go up to Hatcher Pass instead.

Along the Palmer Rail Trail
I found the conditions much better up at Archangel Valley and I skied to the creek and back for a nice 5 mile trip.  It was one of the most beautiful days I've seen up there.  So sunny and clear.  The snow was snow-machine groomed, and a little choppy.  But it was quite nice if I stayed in the tracks made by other skiers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment