Friday, June 28, 2019

Running With Musk Ox

I ran along the Sagavanirktok River while my friend, Dawn walked.  I almost ran right into a musk ox grazing on the edge of the trail.  I decided those horns were pretty big so maybe I'll back up slowly and head back where I came from.  We both did go back and took more pictures, but at a safe distance shielded by a rock pile and some concrete blocks.  The woolly beast didn't seem too concerned, but I don't think we were fooling him any by hiding behind some concrete blocks.  I know he was thinking "I can still see you!"

On the way back towards the car we had a couple of caribou running along with us a bit farther away.  It was nice to have some four-legged company on my run today.  It was raining a little and we decided to cut the adventure a little short to give the musk ox room to graze in peace.

I just added 4 miles to my total this month.


Sagavanirktok River and Franklin Bluffs



 


No comments:

Post a Comment