Saturday, June 22, 2019

PBOC 5K Fun Run

A windy but beautiful day for another North Slope Fun Run.  I went with my friend Dawn and ran the race twice while she walked. It was 49 degrees but the wind made it freezing cold, at least while running directly into the north wind. This will be my last fun run here because I'm leaving the job at Deadhorse.  I may drive up some summers, and maybe catch one if I time it right.  The runs are fun, even though I really run alone.  Most people do walk but the ones who run are much faster than me and leave me in the dust!  I got in a nice 6.62 miles tonight.  I've done a lot of 10Ks this month and have run over 71 miles so far while here for June.  Hoping to at least reach 100.  I have a week left so that shouldn't be too difficult.




At the start with Dawn




No comments:

Post a Comment