Saturday, June 8, 2019

5 Miles Along the Sag River

It was another beautiful day so I had to get out and run.  I decided to drive on down the road and look for wildlife then find a spot to run down there.  I did see quite a few caribou but they were a little too far away for interesting pictures.  I pulled up by a gate to the pipeline access road and ran on that little side road. It was a really fantastic place to run.  Totally isolated from the highway, with lots of birds and fortunately no bears.  It followed the river so had a nice peaceful view too.  I ran most of the 5 miles but at one point I grabbed my big camera and held it while running and walking and scaring the birds more than photographing them.  One ptarmigan in particular was enjoying teasing me by landing close-by and taking off the minute I raised the camera.  A couple of Canada Geese were enjoying the same game.





No comments:

Post a Comment