Saturday, November 3, 2018

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon was a wonderful race for me.  I was seriously worried that I wouldn't make the 6:30 time limit because I have been so slow the last couple of years.  But when I did 6:07 last weekend, in San Jose, I felt there might be hope after all.  I made it a quick trip to Indianapolis, with only the gear check bag from a previous marathon as my luggage.  Just tossed in my running clothes and my little Ziploc bag of toiletries and put my change of clothes in it for the gear check at this one.  I didn't want to stay over another night, so simply called Uber at the finish line and went straight to the airport and home.

It was a chilly morning at 35 degrees and I wondered if I would be too cold. But I did wear some lightweight leggings and a long sleeve T shirt plus my windbreaker.  It turned out to be the perfect combination.  I've had a goal of beating 6 hours, for a long time. I finally reached that goal today with a finish time of 5:57:17.  I didn't beat my goal by much, but I was quite thrilled.  Now I hope to one day reach 5:30 again.

Indiana was my 45th state and marathon number 119.  I hope to complete the states in 2019.




No comments:

Post a Comment