Sunday, October 28, 2018

ZombieRunner Marathon

ZombieRunner Marathon, San Jose, California.

What a fabulous marathon!  The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny with just the right amount of cooling breezes.  It was a little hilly but no steep or long hills.  Only 31 runners finished the full marathon.  As is quite typical, I was dead last. But, I still won a medal for first in my age group. 

People were encouraged to wear costumes for Halloween.  So I dressed in my Hello Kitty outfit. I enjoyed being a little silly.  My awesome step family was out there to cheer me at the start and the finish too. Their signs were hilarious.  I was wondering if I could improve my time enough to feel comfortable running in Indianapolis next weekend.  The Indianapolis race has a 6:30 time limit.  In Wisconsin two weeks ago I took 6:57.  But today I surprised myself with a time of 6:07!  I improved by 50 minutes!  This race was warmer with more hills, so I feel encouraged about next week.

My Cheering Section


No comments:

Post a Comment