Sunday, October 14, 2018

Gandy Dancer Marathon

A beautiful marathon in Luck Wisconsin.  I felt great the whole time. I ran the whole time, never had to slow down and run.  But was still way too slow.  I was exhausted from flying all night, grabbing my race bib, then up at 5 am to run.  But much too slow.  There were 5 runners behind me, but I was still too slow for my own satisfaction.  I was first in my age class but there was only one other in my group. It was 30 degrees at the start but I knew how to dress for that after running all month in Deadhorse in the same temperature. I'm hoping that the previous 10 days of chainsawing, dragging and burning brush and logs were part of what was making me slow.  But I'm going to just assume I need to train better.  This race gives me Wisconsin so now I only need 6 more states to complete all 50.




No comments:

Post a Comment