Sunday, November 19, 2017

Havana Marathon

I made it! Success at last.  I took care of my unfinished business from last year after falling and breaking my arm and shattering my left elbow at the Havana Marathon. This time I made it, still standing and crossed the finish line.  Not a beautiful finish, but at least a finish.  Dead last but not dead or in an ambulance!  It was a very happy moment for me.  Now I have 30 countries and have been accepted into the Marathon Country Club. My slow speed still bothers me though.  So I plan to devote a lot of time to training on the treadmill through December while up north at work. Running outdoors is not possible there in December so I will have to do what I can in the exercise room. 

I also had a wonderful trip in Cuba, and especially enjoyed the beach in Trinidad.  I wish I could swim there every day. I already miss the warm weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment