Sunday, October 29, 2017

Polar Circle Half Marathon

I couldn't resist the idea of the Polar Bear Challenge, which is the full marathon on day 1 and the half marathon on day 2.  I completed both, even being a little sore from tripping yesterday and being kind of tired as well.  It was warmer today and the ice cap was extremely slippery because it had water running on it. Many people were slipping and falling, but my awesome ice grippers kept me upright the whole time.  The hills on this race are real killers though.  I can move well downhill but really slow down on the uphills.  But I'm just happy that at age 71 I'm able to run at all.  I love Greenland and it's exciting to visit interesting places like that.  It's a beautiful world!


The medals are beautiful for this series of races.  One for each race and one for the Polar Bear Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment