Sunday, October 15, 2017

Grand Rapids Marathon

Well, that was one brutal marathon experience!  It was pouring rain most of the way and winds reached 40 mph or more.  There were places where the water was over my ankles.  It wasn't terribly cold, around 55 degrees or a bit less, but when soaking wet with the wind chill.  I got pretty cold. I ended up wrapped in a space blanket and extra plastic rain poncho by the time I finally reached the finish line.  I was much slower than I had hoped. Very discouraging too because I am still hoping to beat my time next week at the Polar Circle Marathon.  I'm trying not to get discouraged.  But I can only do what I can do.  I've tried my best to pick up the speed.  At least there I won't be running in shorts and a T-shirt.  I'll be bundled up for what will obviously be very cold weather.  Today's run was certainly a good long run for training.  Hoping for the best in Greenland.

I can check off Michigan now in my quest to finish the 60 states.




No comments:

Post a Comment