Friday, September 1, 2017

Back to Work

Well all the exciting travel is over for a little while.  Back to the treadmill here at Deadhorse.  It is exceedingly muddy and wet outside making it impossible to run outdoors.

I'm pretty disgusted at how slow I have gotten. I lost a lot of running time when I broke my elbow. So I'm planning to try to get some good training time in this month, even if I do have to do it all on the treadmill.

I registered for the Grand Rapids Marathon in Michigan and will be repeating both the Polar Circle Marathon and the Havana Cuba Marathon on my next two month break. So I need to get in some serious training to make up for lost time.  I don't like the frustration of trying to beat impossible time limits.  I feel optimistic after my short 5 mile run today. The most important part of training will be simply the act of doing it and not rolling over and going back to sleep, even if I can't get in extremely long training runs.

This is the parking lot at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment