Saturday, July 6, 2013

Hatcher Pass Marathon

Wow that was a tough one.  I knew I would not do really well but I still wanted to do it.  It has a 4000 foot elevation gain, and I was not in the best running shape.  Half of June I spent nursing my sore ankle that was still recovering from Mt. Kilimanjaro and the 640 mile walk through France and Spain.  I found that when I got to the really steep parts, no matter how much I wanted to run, my body wanted to walk.  So my time was terrible, 7 hours and 26 minutes.  But there were only 3 of us over 60 in the race, and I was the only woman over 50.  So at least I did better than those who stayed home!!  It is a beautiful run though. Only 47 did the whole 26.2 miles.  There was also a 3 person relay.

Here I am crossing the finish line.
Hatcher Pass Marathon 2013 Finish

No comments:

Post a Comment