Monday, January 14, 2013

Walt Disney World Marathon

Another marathon completed. Wow that was a hot one in the Florida sunshine. So many people too. Even in the last mile I was still fighting for running space. I was very slow and annoyed with myself because of it. Between the heat, the crowds, and my lack of sufficient training because of all the stress from my water damage to my house, I am really happy that I crossed the finish line still standing. But in spite of that frustration it was a fabulous race. I loved that there was music through the entire race. It was really fun seeing the Disney characters and running through all the parks. I really enjoyed it

Best of all, the 1080 Team In Training participants raised $3.4 million for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. That's what it was really all about for me.

Now to pick up the pace for the Paris Marathon, and get ready for the Kilimanjaro climb next month.


The Disney Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment