Monday, January 28, 2013

10,000 Feet

Here I am in Leadville, Colorado. I'm spending about a week here to acclimatize at 10,000 feet before heading to Africa to tackle 19,000 foot Mt Kilimanjaro. I'm not noticing the altitude very much, although I did wake up this morning with a headache. It quickly passed after breakfast.

I explored the town for a while first, picking up a few things I need for Africa. Then I drove up to check out the local ski area. They have a great cross country ski area right next to Ski Cooper, the downhill resort. I decided to give it a try. I rented skis and skied their trails for 6.56 miles. It was a fabulous workout, especially the many hills. At times I would suddenly feel a little light headed but it would quickly pass. I plan to downhill ski tomorrow then do one or the other for the next two days.

Tennessee Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment