Thursday, October 13, 2011

Washington and Oregon Today

I woke up in Bellingham, Washington this morning and now I am sleeping in the shadow of my beloved Mt. Shasta, one of my favorite places on earth.  The 14,000 foot peak that I have climbed 13 times by every route but the Hotlam Headwall.  All back in the 70's when I lived here.  I hope one day to climb it for the 14th time.

Since I crossed two states today I had to run in both states to maintain my plan to run in every state and province on my trip.  In Washington when I stopped to get gas, I followed a sign to Tolmie State Park Beach.  The beach was small but I ran along it for about one mile then started following the two trails up the hills through the rain forest for a total of 3 miles.  It was quite spectacular and some good hill practice.  It even stopped raining for me!




I ran again on a little country road south of Eugene, Oregon just before sunset when it finally stopped raining there.  I only ran one mile because it was starting to get dark.
I will make it to San Francisco tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment