Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nike Women's Marathon

I did it, I finished, crossed the finish line, got the necklace, got the finisher's T shirt.  It was awesome.  I am totally beat but it was worth the effort.  This was my 4th Nike so I have a little collection of the Tiffany necklaces.  I love that run.  I was really worried because for the last 4 months my training has been terrible. First the broken ribs and collarbone after the moose stomped me back in May.  Then surgery on the collarbone July 9th, again putting me out of commission for another 6 weeks.  Then the last week of September some strep throat sort of thing that lasted for two miserable weeks.  If that wasn't enough, I drove 3200 miles to San Francisco from Alaska.  But at least I did a short run in each state and Canadian province along the way.  At least it was enough to finish. I don't know the official results yet but my chip time was a little more than 6 hours.  Certainly not great, but I am not complaining after all I have been through to finally get the chance to do the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment