Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finally, a Good Long Run!

I did a great 15 mile run today at the Wasilla Sports Complex.  For a change, my legs didn't hurt, everything felt great.  We had an injury prevention clinic tonight with Team In Training and I learned quite a bit about stretching.  I found out some things that I didn't know and see where I could be stretching more efficiently.  I was surprised to find that the one muscle that gives me the most trouble, the inside of my lower legs, doesn't have a known stretch routine.  No wonder I was having trouble with that spot, I was not stretching those muscles at all.  The physical therapist suggested simply massaging that muscle.  I did give it some time with the ice pack after my run today too and that really seemed to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment