Friday, May 17, 2024

Eklutna Lakeside Trail Hike

I hiked the Eklutna Lakeside Trail today with my friend Pam and our two dogs. The snow is finally all gone and there are only a few small mud patches. We went all the way to the little cabin just past the 3 mile marker. It was a little sad because we passed by the spot where my dog, Baby was killed and found that we could no longer find the little memorial we had set up. It looks like the tree where I hung the tiny butterfly house had fallen. The tiny house is likely buried beneath it. It looks like it came down naturally and not intentionally by the park service. The other little butterfly ornaments might still be there somewhere but they have always been difficult to find. I have always had to locate the little house on the tree first. I'll try looking there again the next time I go there. It's been almost a year since that tragic day. May, 28, 2023 was the day I lost her. Bella has been a wonderful companion and is doing a fine job of easing my broken heart. I couldn't find a sweeter dog buddy than Bella has become. As usual, it was a lovely little hike along the lake and the cabin is always a nice place to stop and take a little rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment