Thursday, April 18, 2024

Archangel Road Hike

 Many of the trails are in poor condition right now, whether for hiking or skiing. I was thinking I may want to ski Archangel Road tomorrow with Pam. But I wondered what the conditions were like. First I went up to Independence Mine and tried walking up there. That trail was in miserable condition and had obviously not been groomed for some time. Even Bella, the dog wasn't interested in walking up there. So we went on down the road and started walking on Archangel Road, just to check the conditions. Bella was really happy walking there. Ski conditions looked pretty marginal, with deep holes from many walkers and only ski tracks going up the right side. We just kept walking because Bella just kept on going. I hoped it didn't soften up and become a miserable experience on the way back. But it stayed firm enough to walk the 4.6 miles round trip all the way to the bridge and back. I was quite surprised that we went that far. It was a very nice hike, but I didn't regret that I wasn't on skis. I did see a couple of skiers but they looked like they weren't having the greatest time coming back down on the rough trail that was still quite frozen. I'll opt for somewhere else tomorrow. It was still very beautiful as always, even with the dark clouds that fortunately didn't rain or snow on us.






No comments:

Post a Comment