Sunday, December 4, 2022

Mirror Lake Trails Hike

 Another beautiful winter hike today with the Walkabouts. It was still pretty cold, 11 degrees when we started. The sun never did reach us. Baby was doing great for a while. But once we got out on Edmonds Lake, she started to get cold. The snow was not packed down like it had been on the actual trail, so I finally had to put her in my pack. I don't like her being cold and uncomfortable. See seems to enjoy riding in the pack. I think she stays quite warm because I first put her into a homemade bag made from 3 layers of warm fleece. Then I put her into the pack. She always seems quite comfortable there. We ended up walking the entire perimiter of Edmonds Lake. We were looking for a trail some of the others had walked before, that came off the lake. But we only found one that lead back to the road. So we ended up back on the trail where we had first entered the lake. There are many trails and loops in that trail system so we followed a couple of others then went back to the trailhead. It was quite beautiful with the snow covered trees. I think it would have been wonderful to be out there on the lake on skis too.





No comments:

Post a Comment