Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 We've had several recent snowfalls, so I decided to grab my cross country skis and see how the snow conditions are at Eklutna Lake. What a disappointment! There is practically no snow anywhere up there. Just a few small piles in the trees, but the Lakeside Trail is about 90 percent ice. Not nice ice that you could ice skate on either, but rutted, rough lumpy ice. Even with my micro spikes on my boots, it was at times, difficult walking. I was wearing my snow boots because I had planned to wear my ski boots. But I found that the spikes worked well with them so I figured I would just walk, in spite of the ice. But, Baby my dog, quickly got tired of dealing with the ice. It seemed a little odd because she doesn't seem to have problems walking on snow. Maybe the ice was sharp on her feet. I ended up carrying her in my backpack. She seemed pretty comfortable with that idea. I only walked to the one mile marker and back. It was beautiful as usual, but the sun never reached us even though it was a totally cloudless day. I guess I will need to go elsewhere if I want to ski.





No comments:

Post a Comment