Monday, August 29, 2022

Gold Cord Lake

It's so cloudy and rainy everywhere. But I just didn't want to hang around in the house all day. It looked the best in the Talkeetna Mountains so I drove up to Independence Mine. Then Baby ad I climbed up to Gold Cord Lake.  I think it might be her favorite place to hike. There are so many ground squirrels and marmots whistling that she delights in trying to catch them, in spite of still being on her leash.  She also likes to stick her nose down in their many holes. I keep her from getting too far into their homes because I don't think she'd be happy if one took a bite out of her nose.  There were some muddy spots and we did our best to negotiate dry paths around them.  The little creek that runs out of the lake was a lot higher than usual, so I had to lift Baby over it. We hiked as far as we could without negotiating the boulder field on the west side of the lake. I saw someone in a pink coat who appeared to be making their way up Microdot, through the boulders.  I'll save that project for another day. I think I'd prefer climbing Microdot up the official trail, even though technically it doesn't really reach the summit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment