Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 A most amazing 6 mile hike on Eklutna Lakeside Trail. It was cold, around zero Fahrenheit, so Baby was only happy to walk about 1/2 mile before I picked her up and stuffed her into my pack. She stays warm in there because she was wearing her heaviest coat and was also inside the 3 layer fleece bag I made for inside the pack. I had her ride in front instead of on my back because I can see what she is doing that way.  Sometimes that method seems to hurt my back, but today it felt quite comfortable.  

It was so spectacularly beautiful out there today that I wondered if I'd really ever want to turn around. But at the Yuditnu Creek Bridge, I did turn back since the sun was getting low and I knew it would be getting close to sunset. The lake is still open and I've heard there was even a kayaker out there somewhere, taking advantage of the last few minutes of open water.  I didn't see them myself though.  We actually had the entire trail to ourselves until the last 1/2 mile.  Baby was getting a little restless so when I reached the 1 mile post, I let her walk the rest of the way.  She seemed happy to be back on the ground exploring and marking the trail once again. Trail conditions were perfect for skiing but I walked this time, wearing my micro spikes. 

A hike on such a gorgeous trail is all a person needs to feel totally at peace away from the world's many troubles.









No comments:

Post a Comment