Wednesday, November 3, 2021

5 Mile Run Wolverine Road

 I planned to do my usual 5 mile run to Wolverine Creek and up to the big carrot sign. But as Baby and I rounded the big curve by the hay fields, she let me know that she was having none of that wind blowing in her face.  It was only 40 degrees, so not terribly cold, but the wind was really howling along that stretch. We turned around at about mile 2 and headed back towards home.  I really wasn't ready to stop running and wanted to still log at least 5 miles. So when we reached Kathleen Drive we turned down it and followed it to where it joins another road, which routed us back to Wolverine Road.  That was still only going to give me about 4 miles so I turned down Curt Circle and followed it to the end, then ran the short side streets that joined it.  It was  quite a maze of streets, but we did end up with 5 miles. I was kind of tired because we did take a 2 mile walk this morning then another 1 mile trek along the Palmer Rail Trail while killing time before my dental appointment. It was a nice run and a couple of very nice walks on a relatively balmy day after the last week of nothing but rain. The mountains are snow covered but the hay fields and the road were completely dry. Snow will be coming in a few days to change that though.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment