Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Virtual Valley Trail Races 10K

Since all marathons and races are canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are many virtual races available to keep us motivated.  I've been having a very hard time being motivated.  I've been significantly more motivated to simply work in my yard as the weather warms up.

AKtive Soles, a shoe store in Palmer is sponsoring trail races each month.  I was running out of time to complete the 10K for May, so forced myself to get out there and do the No Siesta, Lets Fiesta along the beautiful but very hilly and sometimes confusing route along the Matanuska Lake Trail system.  I missed one turn and ended up doing a little extra 1 mile out and back on the Long Lake Connection Trail.  I did as much walking as running.  Some of those hills are pretty steep.  But it was a nice day and only rained a few drops.









No comments:

Post a Comment