Saturday, May 2, 2020

Virtual Full Marathon

Wow that was tough!  I ran 26.2 miles all by myself.  I was really combining two events into one.  The Happy Malamute Running Virtual Treadmill Hero 2020 that was scheduled for today, and the 42.2 km in 42 hours that people all over the world are doing this weekend.  I didn't use a treadmill because first of all, I don't have one, and also because it was a beautiful day.  It was really cold at 5:15 am when I left the house, only 28 degrees Fahrenheit. I ran to the far end of Wolverine Road and back for my first 11 miles.  I stopped by my house to remove one layer of warm clothes because by then it was up to 37 degrees.  It stayed cool the rest of the way but was in the low 50's by the time I was back home.  After I left the house the second time, I ran down to Palmer, stopped at the Shell Station for a drink and snack, then ran on some of the side streets before tackling the long steep road back up to my house.  It was a pretty exhausting workout and I was very slow.  I ended up walking up a lot of the hills.  Obviously not quite in the shape I need to be.  But I was happy to at least beat 8 hours, though only by less than 2 minutes.









No comments:

Post a Comment