Monday, December 3, 2018

Treadmill 5 Miles

I'm back up in Deadhorse for all of December.  I'm still trying to pull myself together after getting shaken vigorously by the 7.0 earthquake that knocked me off my feet on Friday, the 30th.  I barely made it up to work because the quake tore up the Glenn Highway, closing it in several places, plus the airport itself was also closed.  But the airport opened at noon and I hopped in the car, hoping the road was also passable.  I got to the airport and caught my flight.  But I think I'm still shaking just from remembering that nightmarish incident!

I took a couple of days off from running to settle my nerves.  But today I decided to start training again.  It will all be on the treadmill this month because running outdoors in the dark on the ice road is not really possible.  I felt OK and had a fairly good treadmill run.  I'll try to run every day this month if possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment