Sunday, February 4, 2018

Archangel Valley

I decided to hit the Archangel Valley Trail again today with the skate skies.  I was definitely struggling but did make it all the way to the Reed Lakes Trail Head.  Some other skiers told me that there are skate ski classes at Government Hill on Saturday mornings.  So I plan to be there on Saturday.  I was starting to get the hang of it after a while.  I'm very slow uphill but when it is slightly downhill I am able to actually skate.  But my skies need to be waxed.  It's quite a workout but I know once I master it, I will really like it.  I think skate skiing will be a good alternative to trying to run in deep snow for marathon training. 

I'm sure loving these beautiful sunny cold days.  I think I'll head to Alyeska for some downhill skiing tomorrow for a change.


No comments:

Post a Comment