Friday, February 2, 2018

Archangel Valley

It was horribly windy again today so I thought I would try the Government Hill area.  It was blowing so hard there that I quickly turned around.  It had been calm up at Hatcher Pass all week so I figured I couldn't go wrong up there.  But today at the Archangel Valley Parking Lot I thought I would get blown away.  I decided to go ahead and give it a try anyway.  The first mile was terrible and at times I thought I would get blown right off my feet.  But after that, it was much better.  It was really quite beautiful and rather pleasant except for occasional annoying gusts. I stuck with the classic skis again because I wanted to log some mileage instead of simply struggling for a mile or two. I turned around at the Reed Lakes trail head because it was starting to get kind of late and I was losing the daylight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment