Sunday, October 9, 2016

Chicago Marathon

Finished marathon number 90 and another successful race with Team In Training.  The marathon raised $865,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with 321 Team In Training runners. My own fundraiser raised over $4000 and our joint team effort through Team Deere raised over $100,000. It was a very successful event.  I love when I can run knowing that my effort is for such a worthy cause.

I was worried that my abscessed tooth might give me trouble over the weekend but it was completely quiet, even though my face was still swollen and my jaw was kind of black and blue.  I looked like I had been training for a boxing match instead of a marathon.  I can look forward to the root canal on Wednesday.

We were blessed with perfect weather for the Chicago Marathon.  It was in the high 50's to low 60's, perfect for running.  I was slower than I had hoped but actually I felt really good and strong the whole way.  I was disappointed to see that I was still over 6 hours. But I beat the time limit and got my medal and official time, so that's what counts.

Chicago is a lovely city and our hotel was wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment