Saturday, July 18, 2015

King Salmon Marathon

I loved this marathons.  The King Salmon Marathon in Cordova, Alaska.
First I drove to Whittier, through the tunnel, parked my car then took the ferry to Cordova. I stayed in the Prince William Hotel which was across the street from the place where we picked up our race packets.  Instead of walking to the start line, we walked to the finish line where we hopped onto a bus that drove everyone 27 miles out the Copper River Highway to the start line.  Then we simply ran back to town along the road.  It turned out to be a perfect day even though the forecast had been for rain.  No rain at all, just perfect temperatures and lots of sunshine, and just the right amount of breeze to keep everyone cool. 

The scenery along the route was spectacular. 
Cordova Marathon View
As usual I was pretty slow and one of the last runners to finish.  But I made it and enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment